Ten slovenian drivers and codrivers competed last weekend on 28. Rally Opatija. Just one crew from them retired due mechanical issue – Marko Grossi – David Kavčič in Citroen C2 R2 Max .
Best results of course have Rok Turk and Blanka Kacin, who won event in their Hyundai i20 R5. They won ahead four hungarian crews: Hadik – Kertesz (Fiesta R5) on P2, Hideg – Kerek (Fabia R5) on P3, Fogasy – Berendi (Fiesta R5) on P4 and Lovasz – Kurti in the same car as winners.
Turk and Kacin won in general classification, Central European Zone section, Mitropa Rally Cup section and also croatian international section where they also leads after two events. If they will continue in this way they could won in many championships this season. This is Turk’s third win on Rally Opatija.
Second important win on this event went into hands of crew Domen Agnič – Anja Verbič in BMW M3 E30. They won in Mitropa Historic Rally Cup and group 5 of croatian international championship.
But this wasn’t the only one category win for slovenian crews. Rok Jerkič – Marko Stopar in MG ZR 105 won in class 4, when Daniele Trani (Renault Clio RS) with croatian codriver Elvino Svetić won in class 3. Successfully in this class finished also Jan Oblak – David Vončina (Peugeot 208 R2), Denis Savič – Boštjan Samsa (Opel Adam R2) and Tadej Dessardo – Enej Bobić (Citroen C2 R2).
On high third place in croatian international championship finished crew Darko Peljhan – Matej Čar in Volkswagen Polo NR4. Matjaž Zupančič – Enej Ložnar in BMW M3 E36 finished second in class 5. Slovenian codriver Blaž Benčina successfully finished event with croatian driver Igor Mandić in Peugeot 205 Rallye.
Official final results:
1. Turk Rok – Kacin Blanka ( Hyundai i20 R5 ) 1:03:28.3
2. Hadik András – Kertész K. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +1:33.3
3. Hideg K. – Kerék I. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +1:40.0
4. Fogasy G. – Berendi (Bakos) D. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +2:37.4
5. Lovász Pál – Kürti T. ( Hyundai i20 R5 ) +3:11.9
6. Gassner sen. H. – Thannhäuser K. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4 ) +3:13.8
7. Peljhan Darko – Čar Matej ( Volkswagen Polo NR4 ) +3:36.2
8. Gassner jun. H. – Kiessling F. ( Toyota GT86 CS-R3 ) +4:16.1
9. Szilágyi J. – Váradi A. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX ) +4:41.0
10. Prodan V. – Raštegorac Z. ( Renault Clio R3 ) +4:53.9