Slovenian hillclimb drivers were third on third edition of FIA Hill Climb Masters, this year in Italy. After many problems (Prek’s windscreen and Bubnič’s driveshaft) drivers with team captain Ferdo Poberžnik finished on third place in Nations Cup race, where were competing 20 national teams!
Competition is every two years, first time was in Luxembourg in 2014 where won Italy in Nations Cup race. Slovakia won on second competition in Czech Republic two years ago. This year in Italy won Luxembourg ahead Italy and Slovenia. For slovenian team were driving Milan Bubnič (Lancia Delta), Peter Marc (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX), Aleš Prek (Honda Civic Type-R) and Matevž Čuden in Renault Clio. On race was presented also Patrik Ruzzier in Fiat Cinquecento, who was competing in Under 25 competition. For Nations Cup wasn’t important the fastest times but the average time for the highest-placed three of the four drivers in each national team.
Overall win went into Christian Merli’s hands in Osella FA30-Zytek ahead Simone Faggioli (Norma M20FC-Zytek) and Sébastien Petit (Norma M20FC-Mugen).
Other category classifications:
1. Lucio Peruggini (Ferrari 458 GT3)
2. Marco Iacoangeli (BMW Z4 GT)
3. Luca Gaetani (Ferrari 458 Italia GT3)
1. Roger Schnellmann (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII)
2. Michal Ratajczyk (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX)
3. Szymon Lukaszczyk (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V)
1. Will Hall (Force WH XTEC-AER)
2. Scott Moran (Gould GR61X-NME)
3. Trevor Willis (OMS 28-RPE)