What a finish of 74. Dayinsure Wales Rally GB! After yesterday’s Tanak’s retirement was knowing that today will be close battle for each place on top 10 overall.
Ogier was leader over night but on first stage today was slower than Latvala and gap between them was just 1.7 seconds. On second stage Latvala already overtook Ogier when Latvala won a power stage. On SS21 was Ogier faster than Latvala and he was jut 0.2 second behind leader.
On penultimate stage was Ogier again faster with more than three seconds. On luck, last stage wasn’t a power stage, because there was a little drama before start. It happened little accident on show before start of stage and stage was little shorter because of this incident. Also was stopped for last few crews. Ogier was faster than Latvala also on this stage and secure win on this event. It is his fourth win in this season, so he is a very close now to Neuville (just seven points are between them).
Neuville finished on fifth place overall after little better driving as the rest of weekend. He finished just four seconds behind Breen on P4. Ahead Breen finished second Toyota’s driver, Lappi on P3.
1. Ogier S. – Ingrassia J. ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) 3:06:12.5
2. Latvala J. – Anttila M. ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +10.6
3. Lappi Esapekka – Ferm Janne ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +35.1
4. Breen Craig – Martin Scott ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +1:10.4
5. Neuville T. – Gilsoul N. ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +1:14.4
6. Mikkelsen A. – Jæger A. ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +1:15.9
7. Paddon Hayden – Marshall S. ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +1:18.4
8. Østberg Mads – Eriksen T. ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +1:21.6
9. Rovanperä K. – Halttunen J. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +9:14.7
10. Tidemand P. – Andersson J. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +10:48.9
Kalle Rovanpera as ninth overall won in WRC2 section. In WRC3 won Tom Williams and it is his first win this competition.