Third win in a row in austrian rally championship (ORM) this weekend for Niki Mayr-Melnhof and his codriver Leopold Welsersheimb. In Ford Fiesta R5 won 6/8 stages on Schneebergland Rallye, as full gravel event.
Two other stage wins went to Gerwald Grossing (Ford Fiesta RS WRC), who went off the road on last 25.28 kilometers long stage, when he was 28.5 seconds behind Mayr-Melnhof. Stage was stopped after accident. Second overall place got Gerhard Aigner in another WRC car – almost five minutes behind winner. Hermann Gassner junior as guest on this event finished on third place overall.
1. Mayr-Melnhof N. – Welsersheimb L. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) 1:39:46.9
2. Aigner Gerhard – Hübler Marco ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +4:39.7
3. Gassner jun. H. – Mayrhofer U. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4 ) +5:09.9
4. Rosenberger K. – Ettel-Kaiser C. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +5:44.8
5. Keferböck J. – Minor-Petrasko I. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +7:39.4
6. Kalteis Martin – Zemanek M. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII ) +7:53.5
7. Gassner sen. H. – Kramer J. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X ) +8:26.7
8. Rigler Gerald – Hofmann B. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +11:10.0
9. Klausz Kristóf – Csányi B. ( Peugeot 208 R2 ) +11:58.7
10. Zellhofer C. – Schöpf T. ( Suzuki Swift S1600 ) +13:25.0
As we wrote, it is Niki’s third win in this season. The only one retirement was on Janner Rallye on last stage when fuel pump on his car give up.