Thierry Neuville and Nicolas Gilsoul finally won psychic battle against Sebastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia. With not the best starting position they won nine from twenty stages on Rally Italia Sardegna.
On Power Stage, where they took another five points, they won with 1.5 seconds ahead Ogier – Ingrassia and won event with 0.7 second ahead them. Other points from Power Stage went to Tanak (3 points), Mikkelsen (2 points) and Evans (1 point).
Lappi succesfuly got his best result from this season – third place overall. Not just Lappi, also Paddon (P4) and Ostberg (P5) finished on their best positions in this season.
1. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul Nicolas ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) 3:29:18.7
2. Ogier S. – Ingrassia J. ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) +0.7
3. Lappi Esapekka – Ferm Janne ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +1:56.3
4. Paddon Hayden – Marshall Sebastian ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +2:55.2
5. Østberg Mads – Eriksen Torstein ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +3:10.9
6. Breen Craig – Martin Scott ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +4:31.7
7. Latvala Jari-Matti – Anttila Miikka ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +11:22.1
8. Tänak Ott – Järveoja Martin ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +12:38.2
9. Kopecký Jan – Dresler Pavel ( Škoda Fabia R5) +13:14.6
10. Suninen Teemu – Markkula Mikko ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) +15:30.4
Jan Kopecky won in WRC2 section without any problems, after his rival Stephane Lefebvre retired yesterday due broken suspension on his Citroen C3 R5. Also Ole Christian Veiby lost a lot of time on first day due broken suspension, but he managed to finish event on second place. French driver Nicolas Ciamin with Hyundai i20 R5 finished third.
Just four drivers competed in WRC3 section on this event. Just Jean-Baptiste Franceschi retired before last stage due mechanical failure. Just one stage was missing to his win in WRC3 section where win went into Taisko Lario’s hands. Second finished Luise Cook and third Enrico Brazzoli.