It is ten years from first win of hungarian rally driver Frigyes Turan.
Turan was competing in many different rally cars, from Celica, Lancer, Octavia WRC, 307 WRC, Fiesta S2000, Focus WRC, 208 T16 and Fiesta R5 in last three seasons.
But this weekend he changed a car and rented Hyundai i20 R5. Result? Overall win after five seasons and sixt wins on ten stages.
ISEUM Szombathely Rallye was full gravel event with many changes on top places. Accident had Sandor Olle with Fabia R5 on SS4 and Andras Hadik with Fiesta R5 on SS7. Both were on second place overall before retirement.
Top 10 overall results:
1. Turán Frigyes – Bagaméri L. ( Hyundai i20 R5 ) 1:13:32.9
2. Vincze F. – Farnadi Á. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +31.9
3. Ranga Péter – Holczer Dániel ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +33.0
4. Kazár Miklós – Tóth Zsolt ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +48.5
5. Balogh János – Szöke Tamás ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +54.9
6. Bútor Róbert – Tagai Róbert ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +58.3
7. Velenczei Ádám – Szedő C. ( Hyundai i20 R5 ) +1:20.1
8. Trencsényi József – Verba G. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +1:44.6
9. Kovács Antal – Istovics G. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +1:46.5
10. Gyarmati Ariel – Kocsis G. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII ) +1:57.2