Kris Meeke had really hard accident on SS12 of Vodafone Rally de Portugal. He was on seventh place overall after yeasterday’s day of punctures.
Yesterday after Super Special Stage took the lead Thierry Neuville after some technical problems on his Hyundai i20 WRC. He is now half of minute ahead Elyfn Evans from M-Sport and five seconds more ahead his teammate Dani Sordo.
Overall standings after SS12:
1. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul N. ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) 2:27:03.0
2. Evans Elfyn – Barritt Daniel ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) +29.9
3. Sordo Dani – Del Barrio Carlos ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +34.9
4. Suninen Teemu – Markkula Mikko ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) +54.6
5. Lappi Esapekka – Ferm Janne ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +59.4
6. Østberg Mads – Eriksen T. ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +1:22.4
7. Breen Craig – Martin Scott ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +3:42.4
8. Lefebvre Stéphane – Moreau G. ( Citroën C3 R5 ) +10:07.0
9. Tidemand Pontus – Andersson J. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +10:56.4
10. Pieniążek Łukasz – Mazur P. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +11:09.1
Stephane Lefebvre leads in WRC2 section ahead Pontus Tidemand, who had puncture already on second stage and lost more than one minute. On high third place is Lukasz Pieniažek, just 12.7 seconds behind Tidemand.
In WRC3 / JWRC section was close battle between Emil Bergkvist and Denis Radstrom. Bergvist was in the lead with just 1.2 seconds after SS11. Bergkvist rolled his car on SS12, so second is now Ken Torn.