Finish of Day 1 on Azores Rallye was little different for some drivers.
There is no surprise on first place overall with Alexey Lukyanuk (Fiesta R5) on the lead ahead Ricardo Moura (Fabia R5). Surprise is Martin Koči on third place overall with 9.4 seconds ahead Bruno Magalhaes on P4 and Bernardo Sousa on P5.
Chris Ingram was learning in new car, but he is already on P6 ahead Fredrik Ahlin who won SS3. One stage win got Lukyanuk (SS2) and one David Botka (SS1).
Unfortunately were there already some retirements. Hernandez rollovered his Peugeot 208 R2 on shakedown, Erdi broke suspension on his Lancer, Loubet had technical issuse on Hyundai i20 R5 and Neubauer crashed his Fiesta R5.
1. Lukyanuk Alexey – Arnautov A. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) 17:52.3
2. Moura Ricardo – Costa António ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +2.7
3. Koči Martin – Schovánek F. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +3.8
4. Magalhães B. – Magalhães H. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +13.2
5. Sousa Bernardo – Cardoso V. ( Citroën DS3 R5 ) +14.6
6. Ingram Chris – Whittock Ross ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +15.0
7. Åhlin Fredrik – Sjöberg J. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +15.3
8. Griebel Marijan – Kopczyk S. ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) +20.5
9. Larsen Frank Tore – Eriksen T. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +22.5
10. Kreim Fabian – Christian Frank ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +32.8