Also champions do mistakes, but this one was really expensive. Raimund Baumschlager and Pirmin Winklhofer were on the lead with 0.5 second ahead Niki Mayr-Melnhof – Leopold Welsersheimb before sixt stage on 7. Rebenland Rallye 2018.
On SS6 were off the road with 130 km/h and car was totally destroyed. Stage was stopped immediately and crew was taken into hospital. Codriver is ok, Raimund has some broken bones. We hope that he will be ok soon.
After Day 1 is on the lead crew Mayr-Melnhof – Welsersheimb (Fiesta R5) with one minute ahead Grossing – Ettel (Fiesta WRC) and 40 secoonds more ahead czech crew Černy – Černohorsky (Fiesta R5). Interesting is that all crews on Top8 positions have Ford’s car, except crew on high P6 with “old” Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII (Kalteis – Zemanek).
In Mitropa Cup is on the lead Gassner senior ahead Gassner junior (+15.0) and Lovasz (+42.3). Great battle is also in Mitropa Historic Cup between Pasutti (Ford Sierra) and Brink (Lancia Delta) with just 3.8 seconds between them.
Overall standings after Day 1:
1. Mayr-Melnhof N. – Welsersheimb L. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) 41:29.2
2. Grössing Gerwald – Ettel B. ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +1:03.8
3. Černý J. – Černohorský jun. P. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +1:40.1
4. Hadik András – Bacigál Igor ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +1:47.4
5. Aigner Gerhard – Hübler Marco ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +2:09.6
6. Kalteis Martin – Zemanek M. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII ) +2:21.5
7. Majerčák V. – Kušnier P. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +2:34.5
8. Rigler G. – Rossgatterer M. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +2:45.4
9. Pospíšilík T. – Hovorka J. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +3:09.5
10. Gassner sen. H. – Thannhäuser K. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4 ) +3:13.0