How to finish a 8.98 kilometers long special stage with 24.6 seconds ahead other drivers? This answer know Niki Mayr-Melnhof with codriver Leopold Welsersheimb as winners of 7. Rebenland Rallye 2018.
They won 9/16 special stages and won event with almost three minutes ahead other crews. Jan Černy climb up from fourth to second place overall with two stage wins on SS14 and SS15. On third place finished Gerwald Grossing, but just with one second ahead Andras Hadik on P4.
Hermann Gassner junior won in Mitropa Cup section ahead Hermann Gassner senior (both with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4) and Manuel Kossler (Subaru Impreza STi R4). Burhard Brink won in Mitropa Historic Cup section.
Overall final standings:
1. Mayr-Melnhof N. – Welsersheimb L. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) 1:57:55.1
2. Černý J. – Černohorský jun. P. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +2:52.1
3. Grössing Gerwald – Ettel B. ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +3:22.4
4. Hadik András – Bacigál Igor ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +3:23.4
5. Majerčák V. – Kušnier P. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +5:28.8
6. Aigner Gerhard – Hübler Marco ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +5:43.0
7. Kalteis Martin – Zemanek M. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII ) +5:47.8
8. Rigler G. – Rossgatterer M. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +6:36.1
9. Gassner jun. H. – Mayrhofer U. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4 ) +6:48.9
10. Gassner sen. H. – Thannhäuser K. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X R4 ) +7:22.7