Sebastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia (Ford) are the winners of 86. Rallye Automobile de Monte-Carlo 2018. They were on lead whole event but won “just” four stages. But Ogier had a nice and real comment after last stage: “Everyone did mistakes this weekend – I did too. I made a few less.”
This is Ogier’s sixt win on this event and it is just one win less than Sebastien Loeb have (7 wins).
On great second place finished crew Ott Tanak – Martin Jarveoja after changing car and team (from M-Sport to Toyota). They finished one minute behind winners and one minute ahead new teammates Jari-Matti Latvala – Miikka Anttila. It was almost perfect finish for Toyota, but Lappi made a mistake on last stage and lost his fourth place. He droped down on P7, right behind Evans (P6), Neuville (P5) and Meeke (P4). Just few seconds was between this four drivers on the finish line:
1. Ogier Sebastien – Ingrassia Julien ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) 4:18:55.5
2. Tanak Ott – Järveoja Martin ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +58.3
3. Latvala Jari-Matti – Anttila Miikka ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +1:52.0
4. Meeke Kris – Nagle Paul ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +4:43.1
5. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul Nicolas ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +4:53.8
6. Evans Elfyn – Barritt Daniel ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) +4:54.8
7. Lappi Esapekka – Ferm Janne ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +4:57.5
8. Bouffier Bryan – Panseri Xavier ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) +7:39.5
9. Breen Craig – Martin Scott ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +9:06.7
10. Kopecky Jan – Dresler Pavel ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +16:43.0
Jan Kopecky and Pavel Dresler (Škoda Fabia R5) won with high lead in WRC2 section and RC2 class. In WRC2 section was second de Mevius (208 T16) and Sciessere third (DS3 R5). In RC2 class was second Rovanpera and third Burri, both in Fabia R5.
In WRC3 section win went to Enrico Brazzoli – Luca Beltrame, who won 22 minutes ahead Molle and 32 minutes ahead Lario, all crews in Peugeot 208 R2. There weren’t finishers in RGT Cup.
1. Meeke (Citroen) 5 points
2. Neuville (Hyundai) 4
3. Mikkelsen (Hyundai) 3
4. Latvala (Toyota) 2
5. Ogier (Ford) 1