All drivers who lost a lot of time on first stage yesterday were today on mission to get their places back.
Stage winners of today’s stages:
SS3: Tanak (Toyota)
SS4: Ogier (Ford)
SS5: Evans (Ford)
SS6: Tanak (Toyota)
SS7: Evans (Ford)
SS8: Neuville (Hyundai)
After eight stages overall is on the lead crew Ogier – Ingrassia (Ford) which stuck in the ditch on SS7 and lost again a lot of time. They are now just 14.9 seconds ahead Tanak – Jaervoja (Toyota) and 59.7 seconds ahead Sordo – Del Barrio (Hyundai).
There is a close battle for third place, because there is Lappi – Ferm (+10.2) and Latvala – Anttila (+10.4) behind Sordo – Del Barrio.
Breen had problems on SS5 and lost his seventh place overall. Mikkelsen had to retired from his third place after alternator failure.
Overall standings after SS8:
1. Ogier Sebastien – Ingrassia Julien ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) 2:07:15.4
2. Tänak Ott – Järveoja Martin ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +14.9
3. Sordo Dani – Del Barrio Carlos ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +59.7
4. Lappi Esapekka – Ferm Janne ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +1:09.9
5. Latvala Jari-Matti – Anttila Miikka ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +1:10.1
6. Meeke Kris – Nagle Paul ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +2:45.5
7. Bouffier Bryan – Panseri Xavier ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) +3:34.6
8. Evans Elfyn – Barritt Daniel ( Ford Fiesta WRC ) +4:01.7
9. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul Nicolas ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +4:04.1
10. Breen Craig – Martin Scott ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +5:06.6
Close battle was also in WRC2 section, but Camilli was off the road on SS6. There were two stage wins for Abbring (Fiesta) and four for Kopecky (Fabia). Kopecky is now on high lead with more than eight minutes ahead de Mevius (208 T16) and Abbring (Fiesta).
In WRC2 are there just sixt competitiors, more of them are in RC2 class – thirteen after SS8. There is Veiby on second place with 1:27.2 behind Kopecky and 2:49.9 ahead Rovanpera, both in Škoda Fabia R5.
On high lead is also Franceschi (Fiesta R2T) in WRC3 section. He is now four minutes ahead Lario (208 R2) and sixt more aheadd Brazzoli (208 R2). Nucita is the leader in RGT Cup – sixt minutes ahead Ciamin, both in Fiat 124 Abarth.