What an interesting start of new season 2018. First event was Int. Lietz Sport Janner Rallye, which one is part of austrian rally championship (ORM) and of many other austrian championships (2WD, Junior, ORC, HRM, HRC, M1, …).
Surprise on this event is the winner Simon Wagner, ex austrian junior and 2WD rally champion, who won with old Mazda 323 GT-R! He won also one stage and he was on all stages on Top10 places.
Until SS13 was on the lead Niki Mayr-Melnhof but he had to retired due fuel pump issue. On retirement list is also Gerwald Grossing, who was changed Fiesta WRC for Lancer Evo IX R4. After leading on SS3, Martin Fischerlehner made a mistake and crashed his Fiesta R5. With same retirement reason had to retired also third placed Ernst Haneder on SS15.
On second place finished Johannes Keferbock and on thid place Gerhard Aigner, both with Ford Fiesta R5.
Top 10 classification:
1. Wagner Simon – Winter Gerald ( Mazda 323 GT-R ) 2:20:37.4
2. Keferböck J. – Gründlinger H. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +34.6
3. Aigner Gerhard – Hübler Marco ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +1:56.3
4. Gassner Hermann – Öttl Lena ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X ) +3:16.0
5. Seiberl Johann – Pirklbauer D. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI ) +3:54.7
6. Kletzmayr S. – Sztachovics-Tomasini M. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +4:03.8
7. Mitterlehner C. – Kastner C. ( Audi Coupé S2 ) +10:05.7
8. Bachler Gerald – Wögerer C. ( Subaru Impreza WRX STi ) +11:10.3
9. Stitz Bernhard – Bachmayer H. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI ) +12:04.9
10. Steinbock M. – Ölsinger G. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI ) +13:34.1