Yes, Finland is country of very fast roads and average speed on some stages are more than 120km/h.
But this weekend was on schedule last event for hungarian rally championship. Eger Rally wasn’t on calendar for this season after many years of quality, when was also part of slovakian rally championship.
After cancelled Budapest Rallye it was time for decision to do one more event, so Eger Rally was the right one for replacement.
Event won Ferenc Vincze junior, who was really fast and won 10/15 stages. He was so fast, that his average speed on SS Terpes – Bátori elág. 2 was 150.6 km/h! Also on other stages speed wasn’t under 123.8km/h.
Check some videos of that crazy speed:
Final results in ORB section:
1. Vincze Ferenc jun. – Bazsó A. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) 1:05:44.6
2. Turán Frigyes – Farnadi Á. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +13.9
3. Ranga Péter – Szöke Tamás ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +38.1
4. Kiss L. – Kissné Varga Z. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +1:14.0
5. Kazár Miklós – Ferencz R. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +1:19.9
6. Ranga László jun. – Tóth I. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +1:42.4
7. Bodolai László – Popovics L. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +2:11.4
8. Trencsényi József – Verba G. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +3:02.4
9. Ollé Sándor – Tóth Zsolt ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +3:03.5
10. Lovász Pál – Kürti Tamás ( Hyundai i20 R5 ) +3:05.9
1. Kanyik A. – Nyirfás J. ( Peugeot 208 R2 ) 32:55.0
2. Jánosa Ákos – Rubóczky A. ( Peugeot 208 R2 ) +1:17.5
3. Trencsényi V. – Pannuska D. ( Ford Fiesta R2T ) +1:18.3
4. Bodogán Ferenc – Molnár T. ( Lada VAZ 2105 ) +1:19.5
5. BB Csigoly – Nagy László ( Lada VAZ 2107 ) +2:06.7
Ferenc Wirtmann won both days in historic section.