Sixt edition of Rally Nova Gorica was finished after twelve stages. Unfurtunately, three of them were stopped due accidents. On the first stage today were off the road Scharmach (Fiesta R5) and Miklavčič (Clio RS). On second repeat of SS Lig was also accident. Agnič was totally damaged his BMW M3 E30 and Varkonyi had fire on his Lancer Evo IX so stage was second time stopped. There was a lot of accidents today: Chewon Lim, Peter Scharmach, Gergely Fogasy, Matic Humar, Vasja Miklavčič, Domen Agnič and many others – too much for one weekend.
On our and drivers luck all other stages was normally finished. Overall win went to Nikolay Gryazin in Škoda Fabia R5 who won all stages on this event and won also ERT section. He was really strong and he finished almost two minutes ahead Claudio De Cecco in Hyundai i20 R5. De Cecco is also winner in slovenian championship section. Turk was third overall before problems with rear differential but he managed to be fifth overall and second in slovenian championship section.
First time in R5 rally car and he was already on podium place. Federico Laurencich finished on third place overall with Ford Fiesta R5 – three minutes behind Gryazin. Also both guests from Czech Republic were very fast. Antonin Tlustak (Škoda Fabia R5) finished on P4 and Ondrej Bisaha (Ford Fiesta R5) on P6.
Also first time in R5 rally car was hungarian driver Krisztian Hideg in Ford Fiesta R5 who finished on P7 and won Mitropa Rally Cup and croatian rally championship section. In croatian section was second Janos Szilagyi (Lancer Evo IX) and third Ivica Siladić (Opel Adam R2). Hideg had fight in Mitropa section with Hermann Gassner (Lancer Evo X R4) and Szabolocs Varkonyi (Lancer Evo IX R4) but both must to retired today. So second became Aleš Zrinski (BMW M3 E36) and Martin Kainz third with Lancer Evo IX.
In Mitropa Historic Rally Cup section won Burhard Brink with Lancia Delta Integrale 16V and Alfons Nothdurfter (Ford Sierra RS Cosworth 4×4) in CEZ Historic section.
Top 10 classification:
1. Gryazin Nikolay – Fedorov Y. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) 1:35:01.8
2. De Cecco Claudio – Campeis G. ( Hyundai i20 R5 ) +1:48.1
3. Laurencich F. – Florean E. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +3:00.3
4. Tlusťák A. – Vybíral I. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +3:18.9
5. Turk Rok – Kacin Blanka ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) +3:29.6
6. Bisaha Ondřej – Krajča O. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +4:39.4
7. Hideg Krisztián – Kerék I. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +4:52.4
8. Puskádi János – Gódor B. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +5:35.3
9. Humar Aleks – Cevc Jaka ( Peugeot 208 R2 ) +5:44.4
10. Mrevlje Denis – Gomizelj Rok ( Peugeot 208 R2 ) +6:45.9