Hermann Neubauer with codriver Bernhard Ettel in Ford Fiesta RS WRC were the fastest on Rallye Weiz 2017. This is third win on five events in this season for Hermann.
Second was Raimund Baumschlager (Volkswagen Polo R WRC), who had nice fight with Neubauer, but on last two stages lost too much, but still almost two minutes ahead third placed Niki Mayr-Melnhof in Ford Fiesta R5.
Guest from Germany, Dominik Dinkel with Škoda Fabia R5, finished on fourth place after Gerwald Grossing had accident with his Ford Fiesta RS WRC on SS6. Stage was also stopped after this accident.
Event was counted also for European Rally Trophy (Central area), where was the winner Ondrej Bisaha with Ford Fiesta R5 on fifth place overall. Very fast fast also Jari Huttunen from Finland in Opel Adam R2, who was the fastest with FWD rally car. He finished about one minute ahead second one in FWD car, Julian Wagner, who become already austrian junior champion in season 2017.
Nikolay Gryazin had great start but he finished event already on second stage with accident.
There will be “just” two more events in austrian rally championship this season: Rallye Liezen in September and Rally Waldviertel in November.
1. Neubauer Hermann – Ettel B. ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) 1:36:00.5
2. Baumschlager R. – Winklhofer P. ( Volkswagen Polo R WRC ) +2:01.3
3. Mayr-Melnhof N. – Welsersheimb L. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +3:09.3
4. Dinkel Dominik – Kohl C. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +4:55.8
5. Bisaha Ondřej – Běhula M. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +5:22.4
6. Štajf V. – Skácelová M. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +5:48.0
7. Huttunen Jari – Linnaketo A. ( Opel Adam R2 ) +7:36.2
8. Rigler G. – Rossgatterer M. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +7:50.8
9. Tlusťák A. – Vybíral I. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +8:24.7
10. Satorius Björn – Meter Lina ( Subaru Impreza WRX STi ) +8:28.8