With seven stage wins of fourteen stages, Umberto Scandola (Škoda Fabia R5) won on 45. Rally San Marino 2017. He dominated whole event and won with high lead ahead Paolo Andreucci in Peugeot 208 T16 (+2:25.4).
Very fast on this event and without big mistakes was also Kalle Rovanpera, but he really don’t have luck this season in italian rally championship. He retired due fuel pressure on road section after last stage. He was on second place overall and won also two stages.
So Andreucci got second place and with little surprise Andrea Nucita got third place overall with Ford Fiesta R5. After some great results, Simone Campedelli also didn’t have luck on this event. He took also a lead after SS11, but retired on the next one due accident damage on his Ford Fiesta R5.
1. Scandola Umberto – D’Amore G. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) 1:42:30.0
2. Andreucci Paolo – Andreussi A. ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) +2:25.4
3. Nucita Andrea – Vozzo Marco ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +2:53.1
4. Costenaro Giacomo – Bardini J. ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) +4:25.6
5. Hoelbling Luca – Grassi Mauro ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +4:49.8
6. Dalmazzini Andrea – Ciucci G. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +5:24.3
7. Ceccoli Daniele – Capolongo P. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +5:50.3
8. Panzani Luca – Baldacci Sara ( Peugeot 207 S2000 ) +5:52.5
9. Bruschetta A. – Zortea M. ( Subaru Impreza STi ) +9:22.7
10. Pollara Marco – Princiotto G. ( Peugeot 208 R2 ) +10:07.4
Because this event was counting also for italian gravel championship, there was present also slovenian driver Aljoša Novak with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX. He must to retired due technical problems on SS9, after he was on second place in N4 class in this championship section. Third time in the row was the winner in this class Alessandro Bruschetta with Subaru Impreza STi. But Novak has still chances to climb up in championship standings, because there are three more events on calendar this season.