Thierry Neuville (Hyundai) was on the lead after first stage this morning, but Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota) and Ott Tanak (M-Sport) were fastest on the following stages. But Neuville took the lead back after two stage wins in this afternoon. Now Tanak is just 1.3 second behind Neuville, Latvala is third with 6.6 seconds behind leader.
As we already published, SS6 was cancelled, but on SS7 it was happening another personal record in this season. Teemu Suninen, vice WRC2 champion from season 2016, won his first stage on his WRC debut in Ford Fiesta WRC’ 17. He is for now on amazing seventh place overall.
Last stage got Elfyn Evans (M-Sport), but he was really searching a grip today to be on P11 – out of Top 10, where are also both Hyundai’s drivers (Paddon and Sordo), Ogier, Hanninen and the Citroen’s surviver – Lefebvre. On last tenth place is privater driver Mads Ostberg:
1. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul N. ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) 56:21.2
2. Tänak Ott – Järveoja Martin ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +1.3
3. Latvala J. – Anttila M. ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +6.6
4. Ogier S. – Ingrassia J. ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +35.1
5. Paddon Hayden – Marshall S. ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +39.6
6. Sordo Dani – Martí Marc ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +51.7
7. Suninen Teemu – Markkula Mikko ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +1:11.0
8. Hänninen Juho – Lindström K. ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +1:28.9
9. Lefebvre Stéphane – Moreau G. ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +1:37.0
10. Østberg Mads – Fløene Ola ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +1:42.7
In WRC2 is hard fight between Christian Veiby Ole and Pontus Tidemand, both with Škoda Fabia R5. They are seperate just with 5.1 seconds. Third placed Quentin Gilbert in Citroen DS3 R5 is already more than two minutes behind them:
1. Veiby O. – Skjærmoen S. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) 1:00:41.7
2. Tidemand Pontus – Andersson J. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +5.1
3. Gilbert Quentin – Jamoul R. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +2:09.5
4. Guerra jr. Benito – Cué D. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +3:04.1
5. Bonato Yoann – Boulloud B. ( Citroën DS3 R5 ) +3:25.5
Nil Solans is the leader in WRC3 and Valeriy Gorban in WRC Trophy.