Rally de Portugal started for real after morning loop yesterday. On shedule was repeat of morning three stages and two times of superspecial stage SSS Braga Street Stage.
It was all about punctures yesterday. First Ostberg lost a lot of time due puncture and broken rim and also Meeke lost a lead after SS6. Meeke must to retired due broken suspension, so bad result for Citroen’s team is continue there.
Latvala had rollover on SS7, lost his second place and fall on P13.
Tanak is now on the lead with hard pushing trough the stages, sometimes also over the limit. The biggest step up make Neuville who is now on fourth place, also with one stage win. On the start of Day1 he was on P12. Also his team-mate Sordo made a step up from P9 to P2, also with one stage win. On eight yesterday’s stages we can saw seven different stage winners. Another great statistic of this season.
Overall standings after Day 1:
1. Tänak Ott – Järveoja Martin ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) 1:35:31.2
2. Sordo Dani – Martí Marc ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +4.3
3. Ogier Sébastien – Ingrassia Julien ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +5.2
4. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul Nicolas ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +11.0
5. Breen Craig – Martin Scott ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +12.1
6. Evans Elfyn – Barritt Daniel ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +18.5
7. Hänninen Juho – Lindström Kaj ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +51.2
8. Lappi Esapekka – Ferm Janne ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) +1:09.1
9. Mikkelsen Andreas – Jæger Anders ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +3:16.7
10. Østberg Mads – Fløene Ola ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +3:50.8
First driver on Top10 from WRC2 section is Mikkelsen (Škoda), who is already with one minute gap on the lead in WRC2 ahead Suninen (M-Sport) and Tidemand (Škoda):
1. Mikkelsen Andreas – Jæger Anders ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) 1:38:47.9
2. Suninen Teemu – Markkula Mikko ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +1:00.5
3. Tidemand Pontus – Andersson Jonas ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +1:04.8
4. Gilbert Quentin – Jamoul Renaud ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +3:41.8
5. Camilli Eric – Veillas Benjamin ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +3:54.8
6. Loubet Pierre-Louis – Landais V. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +4:07.6
7. Tempestini Simone – Bernacchini G. ( Citroën DS3 R5 ) +4:34.2
8. Vatanen Max – Renucci J. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +6:00.8
9. Campos Miguel – Costa António ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +6:19.7
10. Pieniążek Łukasz – Mazur P. ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) +7:00.5