26. Rally Opatija 2017, second event for croatian rally championship. There were “just” 30 crews, which competed in that section. So we can say that this was really international event.
Crews came from Austria, Hungary, Slovenia, Italy, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany, Serbia and also Czech Republic. 21 of them competed in Mitropa Cup, 10 crews in Mitropa Historic Cup. Maybe it was a little shame that there wasn’t present more crews from BIH and Serbia.
But we could saw many different cars. From new Peugeot 208 T16, Hyundai i20 R5, Ford Fiesta R5 and Škoda Fabia R5 to historic legends as Porsche 911, Lancia Delata Intergrale, Mercedez-Benz 190, Opel Manta, Ford Escort and Ford Sierra Cosworth.
Start list was great, but again minus ten crews from entry list. Every year the same story. Also mistake from itinerary wasn’t corrected nowhere. Plus are new stages after some years.
But there was also nice battle for podium places between Prodan – Šebalj – Hideg – Šaškin. Also Kovacs was in this battle on the beginning, but he must to retired on SS2 due technical failure. But he had also stage times on top 5 places out of classification on second day.
Šaškin was nice represented with new Hyundai i20 R5 and finished right under podium on fourth place overall. On third place was Hideg (Lancer evo IX R4) who also won on one stage.
Šebalj on second place won two stages but Prodan as event winner won on sixt stages.
1. Prodan Viliam – Raštegorac Zoran ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) 48:05.4
2. Šebalj Juraj – Golub Karlo ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX ) +17.8
3. Hideg Krisztián – Kerék István ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX R4 ) +41.2
4. Šaškin Daniel – Bitterman Saša ( Hyundai i20 R5 ) +1:13.7
5. Várkonyi Szabolcs – Makai Gergely ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX ) +2:40.5
6. Szilágyi János – Váradi A. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX ) +3:03.6
7. Terpin Cristian – Chiuch Andrea ( Renault Clio R3 ) +3:24.5
8. Wallenwein Thomas – Lerch Jennifer ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +3:57.3
9. Grossi Marko – Kavčič David ( Citroën C2 R2 Max ) +4:05.3
10. Dobrila Nikola – Pospiš Tomislav ( Honda Civic Type-R ) +4:28.1
Hideg won in Mitropa Cup section, Burghard (Lancia) third time in this season in Mitropa Historic Cup, Gerh (208 R2) in BIH championship and Trani (206 RC) in BIH Cup.
Daniele Trani was one of five drivers from Slovenia, who competed there. They finished: