We could saw a really strong driving form Jatti-Matti Latvala in Toyota Yaris WRC on Rally Sweden 2017!
He took event win and also Powerstage win, so he get 30 points for championship standings.
1. Latvala Jari-Matti – Anttila Miikka ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) 8:51.1
2. Ogier Sébastien – Ingrassia Julien ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +1.2
3. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul Nicolas ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +1.5
4. Meeke Kris – Nagle Paul ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +3.0
5. Paddon Hayden – Kennard John ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +7.7
This event win is also first win for Toyota Gazzoo Racing WRT team, but this event it was also first WRC win for Latvala in season 2008, so we can really say that this is new Jarri-Mati in this season.
Before last stage he had “just” 20 seconds lead ahead Tanak, but Tanak had some problems with stalled engine. So Tanak got 2nd, Ogier 3rd place overall – so again both M-Sport drivers on podium positions:
1. Latvala Jari-Matti – Anttila Miikka ( Toyota Yaris WRC ) 2:36:03.6
2. Tänak Ott – Järveoja Martin ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +29.2
3. Ogier Sébastien – Ingrassia Julien ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +59.5
4. Sordo Dani – Martí Marc ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +2:11.5
5. Breen Craig – Martin Scott ( Citroën C3 WRC ) +2:51.2
6. Evans Elfyn – Barritt Daniel ( Ford Fiesta WRC ’17 ) +5:26.6
7. Paddon Hayden – Kennard John ( Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC ) +5:31.2
8. Lefebvre Stéphane – Moreau Gabin ( Citroën DS3 WRC ) +7:14.7
9. Tidemand Pontus – Andersson Jonas ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +9:11.1
10. Suninen Teemu – Markkula Mikko ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +10:02.9
M-Sport got podium place also in WRC2 section, where Teemu Suninen managed to keep second place ahead Ole Christian Veiby. First place got Pontus Tidemand, who was very consistent and fast on Sweden.