162 crews were started today on 18th edition of Prealpi Ronde Master Show. There is just one stage, which one is reapeted four times. But this stage is really amazing. You could find something for you – from jumps, hard cuts, tarmac sections, fast corners and of course – gravel surface. Second year is there also small “spectators area” where you can see more than on other stage sections.
Organizators got more than 180 entries, so they must to choose crews for this event. Almost all drivers were driving on the limit, so this was the real show for spectators. They also could saw many good rally cars – from cars from classes WRC, R5, R4, N4, S2000 to S1600, A7…
The winner was Mauro Trentin with Ford Focus WRC ahead very fast Simone Tempestini in Citroen DS3 R5. Third was with constant driving Federico Della Casa with Citroen C4 WRC.
There were also two crews from Slovenia. Darko Peljhan and Andreja Verbič were all day the fastest crew in N4 class. But crew Aljoša Novak and Anja Verbič was fastest on SS4 with more than 20 seconds and took win in overall standings in class N4.
1. Trentin Mauro – De Marco Alice ( Ford Focus RS WRC ’08) 27:49.0
2. Tempestini Simone – Banca Marc ( Citroën DS3 R5) +16.9
3. Della Casa Federico – Pozzi Domenico ( Citroën C4 WRC) +21.8
4. Marchioro Nicolò – Marchetti Marco ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) +38.7
5. Piccolotto Michele – Cenere Franco ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +45.9
6. Cobbe Luciano – Turco Fabio ( Ford Focus RS WRC ’08 ) +53.7
7. Bresolin Edoardo – Pollet Rudy ( Škoda Fabia S2000 ) +1:02.5
8. Fanari Francesco – Stefanelli Silvio ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX R4 ) +1:05.5
9. Novak Aljoša – Verbič Anja ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X ) +1:26.1
10. Donetto Gianmarco – Menchini Marco ( Ford Fiesta R5) ) +1:26.5
Organization was on level, we misses just more spectator infos on website and maybe few marshalls on some places.
But one big minus goes to safety for crews. Two fires today was bad excample what is missing there. On SS1 was on fire Peugeot 208 R2 after engine failure. Crew stopped, spectators were helping, but next crews didn’t stopped for helping! It was too much time when firefighters came on scene. We hope that next time will be better.