After leading almost whole day by Peter Ranga with Škoda Fabia R5 on 7. Rally Show Santa Domenica 2016, Beppo Harrach with Ford Fiesta R5 took the lead on final stage!
This was third close win for Beppo. On 2013 edition he won with 3.2 seconds ahead Čibej (Škoda Octavia WRC) and last year just with 2.7 seconds ahead Botka (Citroen DS3 R5).
Now he won with just with 0.9 second ahead Ranga. Third was Rok Turk, first time with Ford Fiesta R5. Antal Kovacs with the same car finished on fourth place, 2.5 seconds behind Turk and 13.5 seconds ahead Gerald Rigler in Ford Fiesta RS WRC.
In class 2 (Pro Sport) isn’t suprise who become the winner. Mattias Ledin, gravel master from Sweden, won with 52.2 in Peugeot 208 R2 ahead hungarian driver Szabolcs Borbas in Citroen DS3 R3T. Third was Balazs Siebel in Toyota Corolla.
Alen Lampe in Volkswagen Polo 1.4 won first three stages in Class 1 (Sprint). But Luka Hrubi in Peugeot 106 Rallye won on final two stages with high lead and Lampe almost lost win. Time gap on final between them was 2.6 seconds. Third was another slovenian driver in VW Polo 1.4 – Damjan Jeram.
Andreas Aigner with BMW 650i from Austria was candidate for win in class 4 (RWD), but he lost more than minute on SS2. But also without this, Gergo Szauer with Lada VAZ 2105 will be winner due dominance driving and winning on all stages today. Second was Arpad Balatonyi with Lada VFTS, third Massimiliano Cattelan in Mercedes-Benz 190E.
1. B. Harrach – D. Jahn ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) 23:10.6
2. P. Ranga – T. Szőke ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +0.9
3. R. Turk – B. Kacin ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +47.5
4. A. Kovács – G. Istovics ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +50.0
5. G. Rigler – M. Rossgatterer ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +1:03.5
6. J. Šebalj – M. Zrnčević ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX ) +1:13.7
7. S. Várkonyi – G. Makai ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX ) +1:35.1
8. N. Lončarić – T. Pazman ( Subaru Impreza STI ) +1:51.9
9. J. Baier – D. Foissner ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII ) +2:10.8
10. I. Sipos – C. Daróczi ( Mitsubishi Evo VIII ) +2:37.9