WRC championship is still open for some places on overall standings and also for championship win in WRC2.
Mikkelsen leads event for now, but this doesn’t help him for P2 in standings, but helps him for get P3, because Neuville is third and Paddon fourth. With this kind of results, Neuville become runner-up for season 2016.
Second for now on event is 2016 season champion – Sebastien Ogier. Latvala had little touch with bridge already on first stage and lost a lot of time due broken suspension. He is now on 16th position. Also Tanak had spin on SS4: “Some confusion in the notes and we got lost in the dust – I couldn’t find the road.” He got also penalty on SS10, because he late on time control due police control on road section.
Overall standings after SS11:
1. Mikkelsen Andreas – Jæger Anders ( Volkswagen Polo R WRC ) 57:16.7
2. Ogier Sébastien – Ingrassia Julien ( Volkswagen Polo R WRC ) +15.4
3. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul Nicolas ( Hyundai NG i20 WRC ) +22.5
4. Paddon Hayden – Kennard John ( Hyundai NG i20 WRC ) +23.7
5. Østberg Mads – Fløene Ola ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +38.8
6. Camilli Eric – Veillas Benjamin ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +46.6
7. Sordo Dani – Martí Marc ( Hyundai NG i20 WRC ) +50.2
8. Tänak Ott – Mõlder Raigo ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +1:30.6
9. Lappi Esapekka – Ferm Janne ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +2:20.3
10. Bertelli Lorenzo – Scattolin Simone ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +2:24.7
There are just five crews on this event for WRC2 championship. There are missing leader Suninen and runner-up Evans. There is present Lappi with Škoda Fabia R5, who could win championship if he won WRC2 section. He is on good way, more than two minutes ahead Fuchs in the same car and Ptaszek (Peugeot 208 T16)