With 53. ADAC 3-Städte-Rallye 2016 was over also Mitropa and Mitropa Historic Cup season.
Krisztian Hideg become first time champion in Mitropa Cup. He was present on almost all events, except last one and italian two events (Rally Casentino and Rally del Friuli). Second was sixt-time Mitropa champion Hermann Gassner senior, who had all chanches for win there, but he miss out on Rally Opatija, where he could got importan points, because he was just 32 points behind Hideg in final overall standings.
Third overall become Grega Premrl, who become also champion in Challange (2WD) and Newcomer section. On fourth and fifth places are german drivers Martin Kainz ahead Manuel Egginger.
Gerhard Openauer become second time champion in Mitropa Historic section with Ford Escort RS 2000.
Second and third placed Ludwig Kuhn and Paolo Pasutti had also all chances to become champions, but both retired on Fuchs Rally Velenje.
There is also already published calendar for next season 2017:
1. Rebenland Rallye (AUT) 17.-18.03.2017
2. Lavanttal Rallye (AUT) 07.-08.04.2017
3. Rally Opatija (CRO) 05.-06.05.2017
4. Fuchs Rally Velenje (SVN) 26.-27.05.2017
5. Rallye Casentino (ITA) 07.-08.07.2017
6. Baranya Kupa (HUN) 06.-07.08.2017
7. Rally Nova Gorica (SVN) 08.-09.09.2017
8. Rallye Citta di Bassano (ITA) 29.-30.09.2017
9. ADAC 3-Städte-Rallye (DEU) 20.-21.10.2017
Price giving will be on 18.09.2017 in Nova Gorica.