Giandomenico Basso and Lorenzo Granai became champions in Italian Rally Championship in season 2016! Basso started this season with his “old” Fiesta R5 LPG from previous seasons, but after Rally Internazionale di Sicilia, he switched on “original” Fiesta R5 and won two events in this season.
On really hard fight for win on last event, Rally Due Valli, he was the leader almost whole event. On last stage he lost two places, but this was still enough for championship title.
The winner on event become Paolo Andreucci with Peugeot 208 T16. With just 2.2 seconds behind was Basso’s team-mate Simone Campedelli (Ford Fiesta R5 LPG). Basso was three seconds behind Andreucci and just 4.7 seconds ahead Scandola (Škoda Fabia R5) on fourth place.
We hope on that kind of great battles also in next season!
1. Andreucci Paolo – Andreussi Anna ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) 1:45:42.2
2. Campedelli Simone – Fappani Danilo ( Ford Fiesta R5 LPG ) +2.2
3. Basso Giandomenico – Granai Lorenzo ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +3.0
4. Scandola Umberto – D’Amore Guido ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +7.7
5. Perico Alessandro – Turati Mauro ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) +3:23.7
6. Hoelbling Luca – Grassi Mauro ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +5:13.1
7. Tacchella Mirko – Zullo Cristian ( Peugeot 207 S2000 ) +7:41.7
8. Panzani Luca – Baldacci Sara ( Renault Clio S1600 ) +7:58.9
9. Ferrarotti Ivan – Bizzocchi Massimo ( Renault Clio R3 ) +8:34.0
10. Pollara Marco – Princiotto Giuseppe ( Peugeot 208 R2 ) +9:57.3