Dani Sordo is far away the strongest driver on 52. RallyRACC Catalunya – Costa Daurada 2016:
“Really a dream for me. I have to say thanks to the team, they’ve done a great job on the car. Tomorrow we need to continue, to see what we can do. Okay, two long days still to go, but today – unbelievable!”
He won two stages after little bad morning on slippery gravel stages in Spain. Latvala also won two stages, but damaged suspension “throw” him from third place overall.
Nice overall position had also Neuville, who also won one stage this morning. But there made a mistake on SS5 and lost P2. He is now on P4, just 1,2 second ahead Paddon in the same car.
Also Ogier had bad time on SS5, where he lost the lead. He is now on P2, 17 seconds behind Sordo. Mikkelsen hold P3 with constant driving.
Overall standings after SS7:
1. Sordo Dani – Martí Marc ( Hyundai i20 WRC ’16 ) 1:18:44.4
2. Ogier Sébastien – Ingrassia Julien ( Volkswagen Polo R WRC ) +17.0
3. Mikkelsen Andreas – Jæger Anders ( Volkswagen Polo R WRC ) +35.1
4. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul Nicolas ( Hyundai i20 WRC ’16 ) +46.3
5. Paddon Hayden – Kennard John ( Hyundai i20 WRC ’16 ) +47.5
6. Østberg Mads – Fløene Ola ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +54.3
7. Meeke Kris – Nagle Paul ( Citroën DS3 WRC ) +1:06.3
8. Breen Craig – Martin Scott ( Citroën DS3 WRC ) +1:44.6
9. Tänak Ott – Mõlder Raigo ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +2:04.4
10. Camilli Eric – Veillas Benjamin ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +3:44.3
Best morning start had Suninen in WRC2 section, where he won SS2 with more than 20 seconds ahead Kopecky. But due technical problems on SS4 he must to retired. Kopecky and Tidemand won other stages today. Tidemand hold the lead, Kopecky is just three seconds behind. Maurin, who also drive the same car – Škoda Fabia R5 hold P3, but with 1:23.6 minute behind the leader.
Andolfi is the leader in WRC3 section, Armstrong in Drive Dmack Cup.