Hyundai Motorsport team dominated on final day of 34. ADAC Rallye Deutschland 2016.
Sordo and Neuville showed really great battle with all stage wins for Hyundai’s team, except SS17, which was cancelled due safety reasons. Before Power Stage there were three crews in battle for second place overall. Mikkelsen (VW) made two mistakes and finished on fourth place overall, when Neuville set the fastest time on this stage. Sordo had 2.7 seconds lead ahead Neuville before start of last stage. When he crossed the finish line he lost 2.6 seconds against Neuville, so he got second place overall. Third driver of Hyundai’s team Paddon got fifth place overall.
First was Sebastien Ogier (VW) who won there second time in a row. He took the lead on SS7 yesterday, after Mikkelsen’s mistake. Yesterday day was hard day also for Lefebvre, when he crashed on SS10. He is ok, codriver Moreau had operated ankle.
Another M-Sport driver Ostberg take a sixth place overall and he is also the last one with WRC car in Top10.
Seventh place got Lappi, who was also winner in WRC2. Tidemand didn’t compete in WRC2 section, but he managed to be eighth overall. Kopecky and Kremer was another driver who was on the podium places in WRC2.
In WRC3 was the winner italian driver Simone Temepstini ahead Koči and Folb.
Overall results after finish line:
1. Ogier Sébastien – Ingrassia Julien ( Volkswagen Polo R WRC ) 3:00:26.7
2. Sordo Dani – Martí Marc ( Hyundai i20 WRC ’16 ) +20.3
3. Neuville Thierry – Gilsoul Thierry ( Hyundai i20 WRC ’16 ) +20.4
4. Mikkelsen Andreas – Jæger Anders ( Volkswagen Polo R WRC ) +27.2
5. Paddon Hayden – Kennard John ( Hyundai i20 WRC ’16 ) +3:34.8
6. Østberg Mads – Fløene Ola ( Ford Fiesta RS WRC ) +4:31.2
7. Lappi Esapekka – Ferm Janne ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +8:36.8
8. Tidemand Pontus – Andersson Jonas ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +8:52.5
9. Kopecký Jan – Dresler Pavel ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +9:44.2
10. Kremer Armin – Winklhofer Pirmin ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +10:10.6