Freddy Loix won eleventh time on Ypres Rally!
Without any stage win (except SS6, where had the same time as Bouffier) and clean and smart driving on slippery belgium roads, he won there again. This is also his sixth win this season in Belgium Rally Championship.
Second was Princen with Peugeot 208 T16, third Bernd Casier, who finished this event after three retirements there on previous seasons.
Nederland’s driver Hermen Kubus set best stage times on SS15 and SS16 and managed to be fourth overall on the finish line. Vincent Verschueren lost the battle for third place after spin on last stage so he were fifth overall.
Overall standings after finish line:
1. Loix Freddy – Gitsels Johan ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) 2:22:15.1
2. Princen Kris – Kaspers Peter ( Peugeot 208 T16 ) +56.8
3. Casier Bernd – Vyncke Pieter ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +1:19.8
4. Kobus Hermen – de Wild Erik ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +1:27.0
5. Verschueren Vincent – Hostens V. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +1:32.3
6. Tsjoen Pieter – Chevaillier Eddy ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +2:29.9
7. Tarabus Jaromír – Trunkát Daniel ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +2:49.2
8. Tanghe Claudie – Cuvelier Filip ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +3:52.0
9. Demaerschalk Kevin – Eelbode Bram ( Citroën DS3 R5 ) +5:56.4
10. Tlusťák Antonín – Kučera L. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +7:46.0
There was many bad luck for some drivers (28 crews didn’t finished rally), also for Orsak on SS15:
First with 2WD car was Griebel, who was also first in ERC3 section, where he beats Ingram in the same car, Opel Adam R2. Suprise there was car Ford Fiesta R2T with driver Polle Geusens, who managed to be third in ERC3.
In ERC2 was the winner italian driver Scattolon, but he was also the only driver in this section after Erdi’s retirement.