Young Latvian driver Ralfs Sirmacis is the winner of 62. Seajets Acropolis Rally 2016, third round of European Rally Championship. This event was his debut with R5 car and with one stage win and without any big mistake he won with almost three minutes ahead others.
Lambros Athanassoulas, the Greek driver, had problems on last two stages, but on his luck he was third with only 0.1 second ahead Jaromir Tarabus (CZ), who was also driving without any maistakes this weekend. Jeets was fourth, Chuchala fifth and first in ERC2 classement, both from Poland. Koltun, third Poland driver in Top 10, lost fifth place on the last stage.
After rollover on SS1, Kajetanowicz won on 9/12 stages and managed to get eight position. Second unluckly driver Lukyanuk was ninth after damaging suspension on SS9. Tenth was Jacquet Rios from Paraguay – second in ERC2.
ERC3 winner was Bostanci ahead Bessenyey and Filip after Pieniazek’s not starting Day 2.
Overall standings after last stage:
1. Sirmacis Ralfs – Šimins Arturs ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) 2:53:12.5
2. Athanassoulas L. – Panagiotounis E. ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +2:42.3
3. Tarabus Jaromír – Trunkát Daniel ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +2:42.4
4. Jeets Raul – Toom Andrus ( Škoda Fabia R5 ) +5:41.9
5. Chuchała Wojciech – Dymurski D. ( Subaru Impreza STi N15 ) +8:19.9
6. Kołtun Jarosław – Pleskot I. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +9:11.1
7. Kasperczyk Tomasz – Syty Damian ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +10:40.4
8. Kajetanowicz Kajetan – Baran J. ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +13:58.1
9. Lukyanuk Alexey – Kapustin Roman ( Ford Fiesta R5 ) +20:05.5
10. Jacquet Rios J. – Vargas Peña H. ( Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X ) +20:09.6